Sunday, April 16, 2006

The weekend away .

The news is that I finally got my broadband and cable modem connection @ home from Iqara on Saturday. Now in the motions of securing my Desktop as well as setting up stuff on it. Moved up the desktop from unstable Breezy to Dapper . Now I truly run ubuntu. Its fast , decent and good fun . The speeds were so good that since I had to go to Shirdi overnight and return on Sunday afternoon, I set up a download of the entire Dapper package repository. Timing this gave me a time of nearly 100MB an hour , the whole set of packages got downloaded in 5 hours. Now thats super cool !

The other event in life was travelling to Shirdi and Shani Shringanapur overnight to get some piety into life . The village of Shani Shringanapur is amazing. Till this day and age , no house in that village has a door or windows. Well not even toilets and bathrooms have doors and windows. Its supposed to be a "swayambhu" as far as the idol goes and is supposed to be good to visit if you are having a rough time on account of Mr. Shaniswara !

1 comment:

ruffrohit said...

hey there! i recently read your blog- the weekend away. i too am an iqara (now you tele) subscriber and i'm having trouble using the net with ubuntu 7.04. could u please help me with getting connected???