Monday, December 05, 2005

A smile can go a million miles.

The other reason for me to be in Madras today seems to be for my grandpa , he is over 90 and quiet ill bed-ridden after a stroke. For the first time in my 20 odd years, haven't spoken to him or rather heard his voice.It is quite heart-wrenching to see him like this but my day was made today . After we spent half an hour with this cool new physiotherapist who came over and put him up in a plastic chair and cushioned him with atleast 5 pillows he suddenly woke up from his daze and gave me a million dollar smile which seemed to say where did you come from ?

Its been 3 days here and today was the first genuine smile. Makes up for all the remote work that I need to do this week , though I would have loved to have been back in Pune tomorrow.

No comments: